Sunday, September 3, 2017

Memphis School Items

I have two full boxes of small mementos from our old school. Need to start thinning these artifacts out. I will be posting what I have and if anything sings to you, email me at zarykfamily@twc.com
This old gal was apparently left behind from one of our travelling puppet shows. I found her sleeping under the stage in the auditorium. I suspect the puppeteers couldn't use her since some of the strings were detached, so they stowed her away and forgot all about her. I didn't realize they used real hair on the older marionettes! Click on any image to enlarge.
If this is someone's YO-YO that was taken away from them by one of our great teachers...I would be happy to return it to you at no charge! By doing quick research, it appears to be from the early 70s.
I'll have more to post. Also, the 'Name-the-teacher" contest is coming soon, thanks to our good friend and fellow classmate, Gloria (Gorczyca) Downey and her recent submission of some great pictures of teachers from the early 60s.

No comments:

Post a Comment