Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cleveland's Brookside Park Swimming Pool

Remember this place? Thanks to our friend Attila Barandi (Class of '68)...here are some shots of the old Brookside Park Swimming Pool. This was once located where the Cleveland Zoo's BP Amphitheater is today. To see larger, click on any image to enlarge.
I'm sure many Memphis alums have swam here! I had the best time swimming here!


A very old 'post-card' image of the old neighborhood pool, judging from the bathing suits, this image may be from the 1930's.

7 comments:

  1. I too am a Memphis alum(1950) and worked at Brookside pool as a Key Girl and Life Guard for 5 summers. Sadly, they are both gone. Kail is the crazy kid who lived two doors from us on Pensacola!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that pool! That is where Diane Paraska told me to always swim from the deep to the shallow in case you got tired. We had such a blast jumping from that platform! Thanks for the memories.
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived on 36th and Denison so it was down the hill across the tracks and through the hole in the fence

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to go here all the time with my sisters. We would walk the railroad tracks to get there (back then you could). I remember swimming to that big gray dock in the center. Was a lot of fun back then and these pictures sure bring back the memories.
    Thanks for sharing these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister and I would bring a sack lunch, tour the zoo waiting for the pool to open. Do you remember the walk up and down that steep hill. I think it was at Fulton and Dennison. Wish I was that strong again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brings tears hearing this, I too swam there as a child, we sure had lots of fun those days. Thank you for the pictures

    ReplyDelete